engine capacitor. there are two common engine types capacitors, run capacitors and launch capacitors. The units of capacity are labeled in microfarads (µF). Older capacitors possibly with the obsolete terms “mfd” ,the means microfarads and “MFD” means millifarad.
What is the value of a capacitor labeled 102 here?
Electronics all-in-one for dummies
|mark||Capacitance (pF)||Capacitance (ìF)|
How to read capacitor values?
method 2 Reading compact capacitor codes
- Write down the first two digits of the capacity.
- Use the third digit as a zero multiplier.
- Calculate the capacity units from the context.
- Instead, read codes that contain letters.
- Read the tolerance code on ceramic capacitors.
- Read letter-number-letter tolerance values.
What is the tolerance of the capacitor?
capacitors are rated according to how close their actual values are to the rated nominal values capacity used with colored bands or letters to indicate their actual tolerance. The usual tolerance Variant for capacitors is 5% or 10% but some plastic capacitors are evaluated with only ±1%.